top of page

Get in touch with the City of Toronto

Call 311

This simple, three-digit phone number, connects you to customer service representatives 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call 311, or visit, to obtain information about City of Toronto services or programs, or to make a service request.


Using 311 you can:


  • Report winter issues for icy City sidewalks, bus stops, and walkways;

  • Report snow blocked driveways, snow piled too high and snow plough damage;

  • Report garbage, oversized items, recycling, green bin or yard waste not picked up;

  • Request pick up of household hazardous waste;

  • Order, exchange or report damage to a City-issued Green, Garbage, or Recycling bin;

  • Report graffiti or litter;

  • Report potholes, road and sidewalk damage;

  • Address water related issues, including requests to turn off water to your property;

  • Request dead animal pick-up or city tree planting/pruning;

  • Report issues involving private property misuse or property standards, including lack of maintenance;

311 can offer assistance in more than 180 languages. When contacting 311, please obtain your reference number.

Councillor Jennifer McKelvie’s Office

If you are unsatisfied with the outcome with 311, you are always welcome to contact Councillor McKelvie's Constituency Office and they can look into escalating the file. It helps escalate if they have the 311 reference number. They can also help with issues not covered by 311.

They have a Constituency Office at Scarborough Civic Centre. Located on the 2nd floor, their Constituency Relations team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. The building is transit friendly for all Ward 25 residents, and free parking is available for constituents with a pre-booked appointment. They can help you with your issues by phone, by email, or by appointment. You can contact Councillor McKelvie's office at 416-338-3771 or

Ombudsman Toronto

Finally, if you believe you have been treated unfairly in your dealings with the City or are unsatisfied with how City staff handled your problem, another alternative is Ombudsman Toronto. This independent office listens to and investigates complaints about unfairness in delivery of City of Toronto Services, after efforts to resolve the issue have failed. The office's services are confidential, free and for everyone. For more information on how to make a complaint, visit or call 416-392-7062.

bottom of page